This is a special edition stand - with limited quantities available - offered in several special colors at various times. For example, FLUORESCENT GREEN ACRYLIC (as shown in pictures) or FLUORESCENT BLUE ACRYLIC made especially for the Teenage Engineering (tm) OP-1 Synthesizer / Sampler / Sequencer to make the device easier to use and see while creating, performing, or playing.
It is made to fit the OP-1 device perfectly and holds the OP-1 at a great angle to more easily use and see the screen. It is designed to not get in the way at all, but also to look great on your studio desktop (almost making it look like the OP-1 is floating above the desktop ;).
The Fluorescent Acrylic versions look almost lit up in even darker environments (although, it is not lit up, to be clear ;)
The stand has some special design features which have been added as practical improvements since I've used this stand myself:
- Angle is very comfortable for playing and recording for HOURS (you know you do it as long as I do ;)
- There are large wire pass-through holes on both sides and back and front
- There are three smaller wire passthrough holes on both side which fit 3mm wires perfectly to hold them more snugly.
- The stand is strong and portable - but VERY light (weighs less than 5 oz.) -
- The stand can be assembled and dis-assembled in less than one minute, making the stand VERY PORTABLE and easy to fit in practically any case almost flat (measuring 8.5" x 3" x 1/4" high when disassembled!)
- The stand comes dis-assembled with super simple/clear instructions to assemble it in seconds!
- Note that this stand works really well alongside the Pocket Operator stands which are also sold in our store if you have both devices.